What is Massage Therapy
Massage is a holistic therapy best known for its soothing effect on both body and mind, boasting profound benefits to one’s health. Blood flow is improved and increased by the direct mechanical effect of rhythmically applied manual pressure and movement, where the stimulation of nerve receptors causes the blood vessels to dilate.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Reduced muscle tension.
Relieves of acute and chronic pain.
Improves blood circulation.
Induces better lymph movement.
Results in increase mobility and range of motion of joints.
Enhances skin condition.
What medical conditions can benefit from massage therapy?
Chronic and acute pain.
Headache, especially when due to muscle tension.
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disfunction.
What massage therapy techniques you provide?
Our registered massage therapists will have an range of massage styles and techniques to treat you. These massage therapy techniques include the following:
- Swedish massage techniques include circular pressure applied by the hands and palms, firm kneading, percussion tapping, bending and stretching. one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body.
- Sports massage therapy is to help alleviate the stress and tension which builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. Where minor injuries occur, due to overexertion and/or overuse, massage can break them down quickly and effectively.
- Deep tissue/Deeper pressure massage is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia. Deep tissue massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as lighter styles eg Swedish massage, but the pressure will generally be more intense.
- Trigger point massage therapy is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release, direct pressure is applied to specified points on tender muscle tissue to bring about reduction in muscle tension and pain relief.
- Pregnancy/Prenatal massage is a combination of relaxation massage and deep tissue. The massage therapist adapts their techniques to address changes a woman goes through during her pregnancy. Massage for pregnant women reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, encourages blood and lymph circulation, helps to relax nervous tension — which aids in better sleep — and can help relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
A stroke can happen to anyone at any point in time. Known as a “brain attack,” a stroke is caused...
Winter sports injury prevention and treatment Tis the season for winter sports (and winter sports injury)! Athletes and weekend warriors...
With an ever-increasing population that copes with pain conditions, there is a huge variety of methods to treat the symptoms....